Ah, with the Japanese scans it seems that a Chinese version of the interview is also out, so here is a Chinese-to-English translation (That includes the Levi tidbits I already did earlier this week). They did not translate the five pages of Isayama’s own interview, but here’s the full Q&A at least!
Translating/Adding behind the Read More as I go along (Please refresh):
Q: In Captain Levi’s view, who is the best at cleaning?
A: Right now it’s Eren.
Q: What does Isayama-sensei want to tell Levi the most?
A: Levi has slight bouts of insomnia, so I want to tell him "Go quickly to sleep."
10 TIPS ON HOW TO CONCENTRATE DURING SALAT (PRAYERS)
1. Before standing up for Prayer, try to deal with all the minor urgent matters which demand your attention. If you are pressed by hunger, eat first; if you are pressed to attend to the call of nature, relieve yourself; if you are the parent of an infant, feed him or her, or keep him or her busy.
2. Perform your wudu’ (ablution) well, paying …due care and attention.
3. Approach the Prayer with zest and passion as if it is the last prayer in your life before dying. Actually the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that we could do nothing in this world that could ever surpass Prayer in merit and excellence.
4. Visualize that in your Prayer you are going to have a special audience with Allah, Lord of the worlds, and that you are enjoying a direct communion with Him—which, in fact, is true.
5. Think of the Prayer you are performing as if it were the last Prayer of your life. In fact, it could very well be the last one, since no one is given a guarantee that he would live to perform another Prayer.
6. Picture the scene of the Last Day when people will be lined up into two , one destined for Heaven, and another for Hell, and ask yourself where you would be placed.
7. Focus your mind on what you are reading in your Prayer and recite simple surah
that you understand it’s meaning and ponder on the meaning whiles u recite.
8. If, in spite of your best efforts, your mind is still wandering, seek refuge in Allah and bring your mind back to Prayer.
9. Pray to Allah and beg Him to grant you true the joy of concentrating in your Prayer and protection against the wanderings of your mind.
10. Place your eyesight to the one spot where you will be making your sujud while you recite and avoid taking your eyes from that spot.
May Allah protect us from the tricks of shaitan during prayers and forgive us our mistakes.
I am a chameleon.
When my buddies need me to, I can masquerade as ENFJ.
When I want to be profound, I can go INFJ.
When I feel alone, I go INFP.
The reason? I am driven to help, to lead a good example. I can switch roles using my Intuition.
Sometimes I wish I could be myself… but it’s…
“Everyone has flaws. No one can judge me until they get to know me. I’ve been through a lot. I’m about to turn 28. I’ve been on my own since I was 16. I’ve been kind of homeless for a long time. I was incarcerated for almost three years.”
“Car chase. On my birthday. I made the moves and everything. It was like a movie. So I’ve been through a lot. Right now I’m at a transitional house, like a group home. I live in a room by myself. And I work at a dry cleaner. That’s about it.”
“How did you become homeless so young?”
“My mother kicked me out of the house. I was being a bad boy, I was coming home late, I was smoking weed. It’s their house, so if you don’t go by their rules and regulations, eventually they’re going to kick you out. I went to my cousin’s house and lived with him for a while. I went to a shelter when I was 17. Then I rented a room, then I was in a program, then got incarcerated on and off for two and a half years, then I lived with my mother for a little bit, then got into this group home where I live now.”
“What’s the next step?”
“They’re trying to give me independent housing. I’m waiting for that. I have somewhat of a mental disability; I’m bipolar. It’s not that serious, but I’ve been to psychiatric units. My struggle kind of messed with me mentally. Being homeless messes with you. You start to act differently. You don’t care about life. You think you’re hopeless. But there’s hope. You just have to keep a positive attitude and move forward.”
“Do you regret anything you’ve done, or do you think you’ve learned from it?”
“I don’t regret anything. It’s part of destiny. You go through it and you learn from it. You can either stay where you are and keep doing the same thing or you try to get better. These are my experiences. They’ve made me who I am today. I’m not proud or arrogant, but everything happens for a reason. I actually converted to Islam in jail. I used to be gang affiliated, but I changed my life for the better. So you’re going to write all this?”
"Yes. Do you mind?"
"No, but I would like you to include religion in there because there is a misconception about Islam. People think Islam is about violence. It’s not. It’s about peace and equality, and trying to do good and help people. The people who do violent things in the name of Islam go against it. It says in the Quran that if you kill one person, it’s the same as killing humanity. I became more of a humble person, more of a people person; I became more relaxed, more patient, more grateful. I know I was bad, but the worst people can become the best people.”
It belongs not to those who wait, but to those who seek.
It belongs not to those who suffer, but to those who endure.”
Tulisan ini adalah tulisan penyeimbang terhadap tulisan yang pernah saya tulis di 17 Maret 2012 : Mother Complex
Bagi perempuan yang teramat dekat dengan ayahnya atau saudara laki-lakinya.
Laki-laki yang dikenal pertama kali di dunia adalah ayahnya, paling lama ia kenali dan…
- PS. English is not my first language, so please go easy on me. Kurobas Cup really made me appreciate all the seiyuus. This part especially made me love them even more.
- OnoD: Hello. I'm Ono Daisuke-Midorima Shintarou role. And..
- Tatsun: I'm Suzuki Tatsuhisa-Takao Kazunari role.
- OnoD: So, Kurobas Cup 2013 Day part just finished.
- Tatsun: Yes, and we're now in a break time.
- OnoD: You're sitting quite close to me.
- Tatsun: Because they said we could take a break.
- OnoD: Well yeah. By the way, I just thought Takao and OLD CODEX's Tatsun are completely different!
- Tatsun: Surprisingly I handled it quite well.
- OnoD: Yeah you do.
- Tatsun: Right.
- OnoD: It must be tough.
- Tatsun: Yeah.
- OnoD: We were talking at the backstage about how it must be difficult changing between two roles. You have to act as Takao, perform as OLD CODEX, and then come back as Takao again.
- Tatsun: I felt uneasy When I had to act as Takao after performing as OLD CODEX. It's like I already turned the switch on. And after I performed two songs, I felt I could perform more, so the feeling lingers. It's the same as when I perform as Takao.
- OnoD: Even so, you properly performed "Field of View" as Takao, then performed as OLD CODEX. I was awed watching from the backstage.
- Tatsun: But Shin-chan's "Destiny" was also something else.
- OnoD: Also, Thanks.
- Tatsun: Oh, for the birthday. No need to thank me, since it was for Shin-chan.
- OnoD: I was happy.
- Tatsun: And that is also a kind of "destiny".
- OnoD: Yeah.. I got goosebump.
- Tatsun: It's such a great song. I really love it.
- OnoD: You know, it's not common to get your character's birthday celebrated.
- Tatsun: Yeah, that hardly happens.
- OnoD: Also, Midorima himself.. Shintarou-kun is a shy boy and bad at expressing his feelings, so let me say this once again. Thank you so much everyone. I was really happy. Well, I think Midorima who is bad at expressing himself and Takao who says things out loud are a well-balanced pair.
- Tatsun: Yes. They are Shuutoku's Light and Shadow.
- OnoD: Shuutoku's Light and Shadow... I'm shadow!?
- Tatsun: I'm shadow.
- OnoD: then I'm Light?
- Tatsun: Yes.
- OnoD: That doesn't sound so bad. Yeah... They are good characters. With the night part left, We are also looking forward to having fun as much as you are. Please look forward to it.
- Tatsun: And to you who are watching this DVD, Thank you. Have fun.